The Supervisor is frequently the first official contacted about any business and/or complaint related to the Township, and is often perceived as the township spokesperson. It must be realized, however, that the authority of the Supervisor is limited to that provided by statute or delegated by the township board. As the township supervisor, he must manage the Township affairs by supervising the diverse departments that are responsible for meeting the needs of the township citizens
Supervisor duties and responsibilities:
- The Supervisor is the Chief Assessing Officer and is ultimately responsible for the duties of the Assessing Department.
- Maintains enforcement of all laws and ordinances of the Township.
- To manage and supervise all public improvements, works and undertakings of the Township (i.e. water, sewer, drains, street lights, etc…)
- Functions as primary Personnel Officer for the Township.
- Is accountable to all township residents and property owners.